No, ClearCheck uses the Eclipse Scripting API and runs as a plugin to Eclipse. ClearCheck only works with the following Eclipse Treatment Planning System versions:
Yes, ClearCheck is FDA 510(k) cleared.
Yes, ClearCheck is designed to both analyze a single plan and compare two treatment plans to determine which plan has better plan quality.
Yes, both plans and plan sums can be analyzed. All constraints except NTCP can be analyzed for plan sums. Plan checks will evaluate each plan in a plan sum to determine if the individual plans are passing and report each plan's analysis to the user.
Templates are used to make constraints and plan checks patient and site specific e.g. Prostate, Prostate With Nodes, Lung, etc. There are 2 types of templates: Global templates Patient templates. Global templates allow you to one-click copy site-specific constraints and plan checks into the patient-specific template. The patient template can then be modified to suit each individual patient's needs if required.
Users are added to ClearCheck to create/approve templates. Approving a template prevents further editing and records the username and date of approval for documentation.
ClearCheck Dose Constraints
ClearCheck is capable of performing the following:
- Volume Constraint
- Min Volume Spared Constraint
- Min Volume Constraint
- Dose Constraint
- Max, Min, and Mean Constraint
- Max Dose Table Constraint
- Dose Spillage (Volume of specified dose outside structure)
- Conformity Index
- Paddick Conformity Index
- Gradient Index
- Determine if Global Hot Spot is inside specified structure
- Volume Table
- Gradient Measure
- ICRU Homogeneity Index
- RTOG Homogeneity Index
- NTCP (LKB model)
For more details please see the constraints page.
Yes, all constraints can be specified in absolute and relative doses (cGy/Gy/%) and volumes (cc/%). If a dose is specified in relative (%), the user must specify what the 100% dose for the template is in absolute (cGy/Gy).
Yes, the user can specify a range which is acceptable by the department. e.g. Total Lung V2000cGy < 35-37%. The software will give a passing value <35% which displays in green, a warning value between 35-37% which displays in blue, and a failing value >37% which displays in red.
ClearCheck Plan Checks
ClearCheck is capable of checking the following:
- Photon, Electron, and Proton dose calculation algorithm
- Photon, Electron, and Proton, dose calculation grid size
- Photon dose calculation heterogeneity
- CT slice thickness
- Maximum number of CT slices in 3D image
- Structure DVH dose coverage
- Structure DVH sample coverage
- Couch support structure inserted for specified machine
- Leaf Motion Calculator (LMC) algorithm
- Leaf Motion Calculator (LMC) efficiency
- Minimum field size of x or y jaw
- Minimum MU for field in field segment or static MLC field
- Minimum MU for enhanced dynamic wedge field
- Maximum MU for the specified treatment technique
- Warn user if gantry angle IEC 180E or Varian 0E might be needed
- Warn user if any gantry angle is not an integer
- Warn user if any isocenter coordinate is not an integer
- Warn user if any isocenter coordinate is no (0,0,0)
- Warn user of HU override values
- Warn user if bolus is not linked to all the fields
- All fields have the same (Isocenter, Machine, Technique, and Dose Rate)
- Warn user if any field has empty table coordinates
- Field treatment order not efficient
- Maximum arc field size of x jaw
- X or y jaw not rounded to nearest decimal place>
- Reference points have no location
- Field ID labels
- Course ID labels
- Plan ID labels
- MU duty cycle
For more details please see the plan checks page.
Each plan in the plan sum will have the associated parameters checked. Checks that are dependent on the structure set i.e. Treatment Couch, HU Override, Structure Sample and Dose Coverage will be checked on the structure set that is associated with the plan sum.